Here are some miscellaneous thoughts about my IFJM 2014 project. There are additional wrap-up posts which can be displayed by clicking on the "2014 FJ Wrap-up" link just below this post.
An advantage of doing something every day rather than doing more at one time but only some days is that I feel different on different days so there is more variety.
My character several times came up with creative solutions when I was having trouble with an entry. This means that I am capable of coming up with creative solutions.
When I look back at journals I've done, they typically make me glad that I've done them whether or not I particularly enjoyed doing them at the time. This is in contrast to looking at individual pieces of art later because I usually don't like them any better than when I did them.
Even simple sketches or bits of ephemera can really add a lot to a page.
I still haven't completely figured out why I have creative blocks doing art-related activities that I don't seem to have in other creative activities but my 2014 IFJM project has given me some new avenues to explore.
IFJM gives you permission to just have at it... no guilt, no worries... just make art! I hope you'll be able to carry your creativity with you throughout the year! Here's to 2015!
ReplyDeleteSusan, I enjoyed the structure of a "friend" and recollecting memories that you created for your journal. I'm glad it worked for you and that the limited needs (journal and writing implement) helped you stay seated! Thanks for joining in this year and sharing your insights.
ReplyDelete