Draw A Card

Sunday, July 24, 2022

Enjoyment

Discovering something new, especially something aligned with previous interests, is almost always a source of joy for me. In that regard I've been especially lucky encountering Ronald Johnson. In the first place, I've for a number of years been interested in tryng to make sense of certain types of modern poetry such as that of Gertrude Stein, T. S. Eliot, and John Cage. Moreover, I've been interested in concrete poetry for at least ten years and have two excellent books on the subject including one that turned out to have a few samples of Johnson's early concrete poetry. And, as a bonus alignment, Johnson supported himself by writing wonderful cookbooks about which I'll write more later.

There's lots of excellent and easy-to-find online information about Johnson himself and about his poetry. Most days lately I've spent many enjoyable hours searching and reading!. If you are interested in learning more a good place to start is the blog of the company that published the new edition of ARK.

No comments:

Post a Comment