Draw A Card

Sunday, August 22, 2021

Rondeau Redoublé

Turning and turning in a gyre
a vortex a spiral a coil
sad and worried I must inquire
the way to end this bad turmoil.

This rhyme I don't want to let spoil
precision is what I admire
hope the result is worth the toil
turning and turning in a gyre.

The year twenty twenty too dire
Covid nineteen made us recoil
we wore masks so not to expire
a vortex a spiral a coil.

Summer's heat then caused us to boil
and trees burned with a wild hot fire
this weird climate we hope to foil
sad and worried I must inquire.

No cathedrals sporting a spire
nor even a single gargoyle
no goddesses playing the lyre
the way to end this bad turmoil.

Let's jab vaccine and none embroil
gone is our leader the liar
anoint our souls with sacred oil
and climb above the muck and mire.

turning and turning.

No comments:

Post a Comment