Draw A Card

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Tarot Spread Project Summary

This morning I used the random.org list randomizer to pick a Three-Card Situation Spread to summarize my project.

The first card -- what worked well -- is the 10 of pentacles. This is a lucky card that shows a sucessful older man. I took this as a reminder that I have all the materials and other resources necessary to be successful doing an art journal.

The second card -- what didn't work well -- is the 4 of swords. This was a reminder that I'd thought of this project as something fun and relaxing and not very structured or well-planned. Well I did have a lot of fun doing online research and reading books but the idea was too vague to lead to a completed 30-day art journal where I got into someone else's mindset every day.

The last card -- key learnings -- is the 9 of pentacles. This card shows a successful woman holding a falcon in her gloved hand. This card reminds me of the instigator of IFJM because of her love of birds and the outdoors. So one learning is that if I want to succeed at an IFJM project in particular, I need to heed the advice of the infiltrator. A standard interpretation of this card is that the woman is at peace within and can enjoy the good things in life alone which is true of me. So I can choose to do IFJM or not next year but if I do choose to do it, I should do it as suggested in order to achieve the benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment